Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Salad Days

I would care to declassify that I lack credentials that state my word is bond on the subject of writing as a hobby; I have not gone to school for professional / creative / personal journaling, nor have I received official recognition of having been sworn into any field that recognizes Journaling as a "serious line of work". If all this were possible, if I could make at best a four figure salary by doing this play-work, I guess, the creative non-fiction experience might be cheapened?
We shall see...
As of now, My office is any surface in any coffee shop, bar, park picnic table, dry, well-ish lit, relaxed and secluded corner; the view is of my ever growing collection of Gelly Rolls, Le Pens, and .3 mm mechanical pencil [this and more, they can now stand alone in the reformed (clean) sock that lost its partner and now serves a noble purpose]. My work surface is acid-free, archival Paper from my trusty source of Fine Journals and Notebooks. I take my work and vacations simultaneously. I get hand cramps, but have never called in sick.

Here's a taste of what I do and what I'll refer to when informing prospective creative journalers and readers of my humble blog how to journal with flair:

Found images and notes

Metro map inserts and watercolored drawings

Many uses of transparent tape: flower pressing and paper hinging 

Limitless entry orientation and collaging

Street maps and hair/etc. how-to's


Event planning


No comments:

Post a Comment