Wednesday, April 25, 2012

First Things Burst!

Francesca Woodman, Self Portrait at 13 years old.

I'm finished, THROUGH! The silence that pro-lengthened my premiering post to the Writative Manners and the Mulberry Tree, it ENDS!/!! The Intra within 'intra-personal' replaces one vowel for another, switches letter positioning, and loses a hyphen et voila, helloo 'Interpersonal' ! Where clear articulation will (suddenly) matter and socially acceptable manners will separate the British from the Americans (but possibly bore the Eastern Europeans). But to hell with social conventions, I've been practicing my racy voice and figurative language for (at most) 15 years now and I'm very pleased to be here, at long last!
alors.
My name is Caitlin. In contrast to my relatively unsuccessful/flop-of-a-blog past attempts, Writative Manners is a journal and personal-writing blog that was conceived by a passion and results in creative communal action. & I'm not messing around! 
This is the real (creative, explorative, explosive) deal! I kid thee not. I wouldn't call me a professional on the subject, but by the enthusiastic responses that I receive from my family, friends (and even strangers) when I bring my beloved journals to the public's eye, I feel like a Journaling Guru! I thank my support group for boosting the ego of me and my craft. A considerable percentage of my life has been caught in this filter of non-acidic, archival, paper mulberry net, and if these...people are struck by the surface aesthetics, well I thank the gods that I made it so attractive looking that they don't actually read the material. Eek.
Well, dang. I am spent. I think the first entry is the hardest: Do I introduce myself? Should I get right to the meat, (will my mom be reading this?), can I actually pull this off? 
Luckily, I am seated in my most confident of pants (metaphorical ones, of course. This is Arizona I'm in, it's getting fuckin' hot! NO pants! Non!).
I'm ready, & I hope you will join me..

P.S. If there are any grammatical errors to report, will you see me after class? Teachers always have room for improvement. (That means you! Thesis writing friends! But finish your thesis' first, and then join me, in my journal writing dungeonss. (aka: cafes, bars and designated j.write-ful events)

No comments:

Post a Comment